The Capital Region River Valley Park covers 18,000 acres linking over 100 km through the North Saskatchewan River valley. It is destined to become a world-class river front park that would be to the Capital Region what Stanley Park is to Vancouver or Central Park is to New York.
The RVA vision balances protecting the natural capital of the river valley while ensuring our residents and visitors can access and enjoy it.
Who we are:
- Not-for-profit company created in 2003.
- 7 Municipal Shareholders: Town of Devon, Parkland County, County of Leduc, City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, City of Fort Saskatchewan, Sturgeon County.
- Municipal representatives sit on the RVA’s Board of Directors.
- Our work involves new projects, with the municipality assuming responsibility for maintenance upon project completion.
- Projects are funded through a 1/3 funding model with the federal, provincial, and municipal government.
To develop a world-class continuous and connected trail system along the North Saskatchewan River Valley from Devon to Ft. Saskatchewan. Improve quality of life through access and enjoyment of the River Valley.
What we do:
Work with the municipalities to coordinate planning, funding and development of the trail system and projects that support accessibility and connectivity to the river valley.
RVA IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Our projects support connectivity and access to the river valley across the seven municipalities that border the North Saskatchewan River. Learn how we’re making a difference in our shareholder municipalities.