Connect with the river valley. Connect with Nature.
The RVA’s projects get you closer to the river valley. Here you’ll find a number of resources to help you get out there, experience, and enjoy it.
AllTrails has the largest collection of trail maps anywhere, curated by 4 million hikers, campers and mountain bikers.
The AllTrails Mobile App is a great resource for people looking to explore the trails in the capital region. It allows users to find their perfect hike, bike ride, or trail run. This app is available for download on iTunes by clicking here.
There are maps for the following of our seven shareholder municipalities:
Fort Saskatchewan Off Leash Dog Park
Located at 111 street and 83rd ave in the Eastgate Business Park
Town of Devon Off Leash Area
Small field at Michigan Street and Miquelon Ave.
Strathcona County Off Leash Areas
Off leash at the Regional Park Site – go three kilometres south of Wye Road on Highway 21, turn west onto Township Road 522 and watch for off-leash area signs.
- Buena Vista Great Meadow:
North of Laurier Park and Buena Vista Dr., south of Melton Ravine (approx. 88 Ave.); excluding pedestrian bridge access trail, Yorath property and trail north to Mackenzie Ravine.
- Patricia Ravine:
The granular hiking trail between Patricia Heights, Rio Terrace and Westridge from Whitemud Dr. to river.
- Dawson Bridge/Highlands Hiking Trail: Dawson Park and granular trail on north side of Dawson Bridge to Capilano and 50 St. Bridges are on-leash.
- Hermitage Park North: Multi-use area in river valley north of fishing pond and picnic area. 129 Ave. to 137 Ave., and 22 St. along river bank are off-leash where signs indicate.
- Kennedale Ravine: Ravine west of 40 St, loop west to 47 St. and top of bank.
- Brander Gardens: Pipeline corridor; north of 58 Ave. between Brander Dr. and Whitemud Dr.
- Terwillegar Park: Large multi-use area; access via Rabbit Hill Rd.
- Whitemud Park and Hawrelak Park Hiking Trail: Multi-use granular trail from Whitemud Park to footbridge, excluding old Keillor Rd. and designated equestrian trail
- Capilano Hiking Trail: Capilano Bridge, lower granular trail east to Hardisty Dr. and 56 St.
- Gold Bar Hiking Trail:
Capilano amenity building north side, east along lower granular trail to Rundle footbridge; excluding shelter and picnic area
- Jackie Parker Park: Whitemud Dr. and 50 St. south of 44 Ave. entrance; excluding golf course
- Mill Creek Ravine: Access from 68 Ave. and 93 St. (west side of Argyll Park) or north side of Argyll Park parking lot; only the granular trail along the bottom of ravine to Whyte (82) Ave. The overpass is off-leash.
- Riverside Hiking Trail: South bank granular trail from Low Level Bridge to Rafters Landing; from lower Forest Heights to east end of Rivreside Golf Course.
- Upper Mill Creek Ravine: From 50 St. and 44 Ave. to 34 St. and 34 Ave. on the granular trail only.