Become a Blog Contributor
Guest Blog Information and Guidelines.
The River Valley Alliance is a not-for-profit organization made up of the six shareholder municipalities that border the North Saskatchewan River in the Edmonton region: the Town of Devon, Parkland County, the City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, the City of Fort Saskatchewan, and Sturgeon County. Our goal is to preserve, protect and enhance the largest metropolitan river valley park system in the world – a legacy for generations to come – by connecting the trail system and making it easier for all to access and enjoy. The RVA strives to inspire people to live exciting, adventurous lives by providing expert-knowledge, tips, etiquette, inspiring stories and guides on activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing and other activities within the North Saskatchewan River Valley.
We post articles that relate to various aspects of the river valley. We love posts about local adventures such as your favourite hikes in the valley. We also like posts about different ways to get active on the trails, information on plants and wildlife in the valley, local outdoor clubs, historical articles, benefits of getting outside, and really anything related to enjoying the river valley.
We reserve the right to decline the article if the quality or the content are not aligned with RVA guidelines or view the article as misleading. We will not publish articles that have been used elsewhere or are copies of other content.
The River Valley Alliance Guest Post Guidelines
Pitch your blog idea first.
You Got an email saying your pitch was approved, now what should you do?
Before you start writing, please read our writing guidelines:
- You have to own the rights to the copy you are providing and it cannot be used anywhere else. If you use any content that is not yours, it must be properly quoted.
- Articles should be original, not published anywhere else and not copied from varied content sources. Articles are typically around 300-500 words but do not exceed 1,000 words.
- Provide photos that you own the copyrights to for the article
- Please do not include any stock photos.
- The articles must show expertise and knowledge of the topic or personal experience, and not directly sell anything.
- The article must have a positive intent. No inappropriate language. Nothing that could be construed as political.
- We do proofreading, but please make sure the article has no mistakes and is corrected before sending it to us.
- We reserve the right to tweak and edit the article for SEO
- We reserve the right to change outgoing links if we think they are not suited to the RVA
- By contributing your content, you agree for the River Valley Alliance to have a right to use your images and text.
Before we publish your story we will proofread your piece to make sure it follows our submission guidelines.
What we offer in return
- We will provide at least one backlink to your website.
- We will share your guest article through our channels. We encourage you to do the same, in order to get the biggest possible audience.