REPRESENT YOUR MUNICIPALITY ON THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE
The River Valley Alliance (RVA) Community Engagement Committee (CEC) is looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for our river valley from Edmonton who are eager to engage their community.
We are seeking up to 4 representatives from Edmonton (all other municipalities are currently full) to serve for a two (2)-year term from June 2022 to June 2024 (with renewal options). Meetings are held one morning per month via zoom.
The main role of the CEC is to promote the River Valley Alliance to shareholder municipalities. Committee members possess a combination of the following skills and characteristics:
- Interested in promoting the river valley
- Event planning, public engagement
- Volunteerism, connected in the community
- Networking, public speaking
- Organized, reliable
- Friendly, outgoing
River Valley Alliance Community Engagement Committee Roles & Responsibilities
- Tell the story of the RVA to a variety of audiences
- Assist in the recruitment of RVA Ambassadors and other volunteers
- Participate in monthly meetings, members may be asked to fulfill duties of meeting
- Participate in event- or project-based task groups as needed and according to skill and availability of committee members
- Volunteer at events and partner engagement sessions
- Contribute content and pictures for social media
- Through personal social media accounts, share RVA content and posts promoting RVA events/activities
- Review and uphold the strategic direction and priorities of the RVA Board as it relates to CEC activities
- Contribute to the development and execution of a quarterly work plan for Board approval
If you are interested in getting involved with the CEC, complete and submit a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com, by May 15, 2022.
The RVA respects and values diverse life experiences and heritages to ensure that all voices are heard. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.